Hi, I am Jimmy MG Lim.
Over the decades, some are used to calling me “guan”, “jimmy” or “gao shou” (literal : high hand).
I work in the specialist domains of Information Management, Software Engineering, Graphics & Editorial and Education.
I am the author of “butlerfox“, “Jswissknife”, “upp (usage provenance and prediction) framework” and “zenify series“. I have freelanced since eons on software development and have lectured at various institutions on software.
You are most welcome to contact me either via email <email@example.com> or twitter @mirageglobe. Twitter is better :D.
More about Me
Back in 2010 and I was proud to help deliver one of the first Cloud and Green Computing modules in UK at University of Kent. Earlier in 2000, I started web development and focused on helping small business web engineering and design.
When not doing the above, you can find me reading, playing card/board games, DIY, cooking, collecting a wide range of rare coins/stamps or mudding.
Fun and Awards
- “Session Chair UKSIM2015” University of Cambridge UK 2015
- “Technology to Business Finalist” UoK 2012
- “Big Ideas Round One Finalist” UoK 2011
- “EPSRC Research Award” EU 2008
- “Jian Nan Temple National Photographic Competition 2nd Prize” Malaysia 2003
- “World’s Longest Paper Clip Chain” Book of Records 1998, 1999, 2000
Publications, Books and Talks
- Secrets of the Face and Palm – Amazon Kindle, Google Play (2019)
- Automating Management of Resources on Desktop Machines – UKSIM (2015)
- Web Integration Guest Lecture – Bournemouth University (2015)
- Secrets of the Human Face and Palm – Amazon UK (2014) [Editor] – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I1EBWEA
- A case to identify information provenance by cross relating data objects with mouse traces – ICCIE Conference France (2013)
- Automatic Association of Personal Documents on the Cloud – UoK EE Conference for Science and Engineering (2012)
- A cloud based data integration framework (2012)
- Memristive Systems – UoK EE Conference for Science and Engineering (2012)
- Mobile HBase – UoK EE Conference for Science and Engineering (2012)
- Delayed switching in memristors and memristive systems – IEEE Atlanta USA Speaker (2011)
- Personal Storage Grid Architecture: Consuming Cloud Data Space Resources. International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing, Vol 2, No. 3 (2010)
- Delayed switching in memristors and memristive systems. IEEE Electron Device Letters 31 (7) art. no. 5482202 pp.755-757 (2010)
- A Wireless Online Communication System for Small-Medium Enterprises. ICWI 2002: 665-668 (2002)
Here are some of the projects I have developed. Some are experiments, most are live for my clients. There are more projects, however due to anonymity agreements, I am not able to list them.
- Geniac Accounting Platform
- Oriental Oracle (Android App) – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idqpuwlneqs5byrkfzkc&hl=en_GB
- AllDayCity – AllDayCity is a simple online city with cool landscaping. – http://www.alldaycity.com
- Butlerfox – An opensource bash automation provisioner for bare bone servers. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/butlerfox
- UPP (User Provenance and Prediction) Model – a behavioural tracer and prediction framework based on NB machine learning which can be embedded on to monitoring desktop usage habits, web user access and cloud resources automation. (closed source)
- Social Media Workshop (2013) for Kent Enterprise
- WebApp – MagicNumber5 (Heroku) – An application for top 5 listing. – http://magicnumber5.herokuapp.com
- WebApp – Draw Card (Heroku) – An application for sending a hand drawn online cards. – http://drawcard.herokuapp.com
- Zenify RevealJS – Kickass presentation toolkit with markdown – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifyrevealjs
- Zenify WordPress – A wordpress framework for developers. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifywordpress
- Zenify WordPress Child – A sample child wordpress of zenify for developers – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifywordpress-child
- Zenify WordPress HP – A wordpress holderpage for switching WP work in progress statuses – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifywordpressholderpage
- Zenify Sinatra – An opensource barebone framework for developers. It uses bootstrap, sinatra, rack. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifysinatra
- Zenify GetSimple – Get simple lean theme. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/zenifygetsimple
- MeteorJSHTML5ShivCDN – html5shiv cdn link packaged for meteor. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/meteorhtml5shivcdn
- MeteorJSSnapSVGCDN – SnapSVG cdn link packaged for meteor. – https://github.com/mirageglobe/meteorsnapsvgcdn
- GM Agarwood – http://www.gmagarwood.com
- BL artgallery web
- Student Tenant – http://www.studenttenant.com
- QS Scorecard – http://www.topmba.com/scorecard
- QS MBA School Profiling System – http://www.qs.com
- Global workplace – http://www.global-workplace.com
- CC8 logo design
- edengeomancy web
- airinbottle campaign
- Singapore Rifle Association shooting logo design
- acetravels berhad web
- angiegallery berhad web
- GeomanDesignCulture web
- UK-China embassy network consultancy